A day at Efteling
Once upon a time, in a Kingdom not so far away, there was a place called Efteling in which fairy tales came to life... At first this theme park might come across as reserved for children, but with its restaurants, shops and roller coasters it has something for people of all ages. And besides, don't we all want to go back to the stories of our childhood every once in a while? Open 365 days a year, Efteling makes for a magical getaway!
The stories of Hans Christian Andersen, the Brothers Grimm and Charles Perrault are at the heart of the Efteling project. What started in the 50s with a forest in which 10 fairytales were depicted has flourished into a genuine theme park for the entire family. The Fairytale Forest still serves as the centerpiece of the park with about 30 fairytale sceneries, but there's so much more. Enough to make you lose an overview. That's when the Efteling app comes in handy, making sure you always find your way and truly make the best of your day (the app features an interactive map and the waiting times at the attractions for example).
Hereunder you may find my favorites:
- The Fairytale Forest, an enchanted forest in which you come across Snow white, Little Red Riding Hood and Hansel & Gretel
- Droomvlucht, a magical journey into a world of fairies and trolls
- Diorama, a miniature world
- The Carrousel Bar, the perfect place for a hot chocolate
- All of the roller coasters concentrated in the East part of the park
- Het Witte Paard, for lunch or dinner in a tea room setting
- Aquanura, a spectacular aquatic show that marks the end of every day at Efteling (check the exact starting time on the app)
How to get there:
Located North of Tilburg, Efteling is at 1h30 from Brussels by car. Before planning your visit, I recommend you check the daily affluence on the online calendar. And in order to avoid you have a stroke at the entrance desk be warned that the fee is €36,50 per person (plus €10,00 parking fee).